Last Updated: December 31, 2019
This Policy applies to information we collect on and through our websites, software services and online tools including cleanpower.com, solaranywhere.com, powerclerk.com, wattplan.com, developers.cleanpower.com and others (“Website” or collectively, “Websites”) as well as offline (e.g., through consulting and research activities).
Clean Power Research is a data controller with regard to personal information that we collect, derive or obtain about you.
B. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information (or “personal data”) is any information that can identify you, whether directly or indirectly. We process different types of personal information (for example, your name, company name, email address, home and/or work address, and/or telephone number).
Most personal information that we process is collected from you directly such as:
- name and contact details if and when you subscribe to communications or updates from us;
- information you provide when using our Websites, including support sites and ticketing systems;
- support incident details from customer support, technical support, interactive demos, training, and consulting;
- communications with you (e.g., email or phone calls);
- information submitted in any testimonial, comment, or other feedback message on a blog or other public-forum hosted on the Websites; and
- the Internet Protocol (or “IP”) address of the device you are using to connect to the Internet and view the Websites.
You are under no obligation to provide such information. However, if you do not provide such information, we make no guarantee that we can provide you with services. For example, we may be unable to provide data access even to any no-cost services in the event that you do not provide required information.
We may also collect personal information about you through indirect means, for example through third party public sources such as a company web site or social media (e.g., LinkedIn). This information may be combined with information collected offline or from sources including third parties.
Some data that we collect may not uniquely or specifically identify you but can be used to profile you as a user based on your interests, usage, habits and practices on our Websites. For example, information about the frequency of visits to our Websites and your usage of them (or that can be—like location data based on IP address—derived) from them.
We may use tools that take elements of personal information from communications with us or interactions with our sites for statistical analysis, reference or training purposes.
C. HOW WILL WE USE YOUR DATA?
We use personal information only for the purposes for which we collected it. These purposes include:
- Marketing to you through various content and materials that demonstrate or advertise our Website and/or services;
- Responding to questions, requests for quotes and general information;
- Contracting and delivery of products and services, including products and services that may be offered at no cost (e.g., “free” data or services);
- Establishing or enforcing Terms of Service or obligations, contractual instruments or details with you as an individual or with you on behalf of the company or entity you represent;
- Providing a custom user experience in our Websites based on a saved profile of you;
- Tracking and responding errors reported in our systems that negatively impact or otherwise degrade your experience with our Websites and services;
- Resolving disputes and troubleshooting problems;
- Identifying and preventing potentially fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities;
- Creating accounts and login credentials as necessary to allow you to use our Websites;
- Performing our obligations as may be required by law.
- Performing research and analyses; and
- Informing you of updates or changes to our services.
If we need to use your personal information for any other purpose, we will notify you and explain the legal basis that allows us to do so.
Additionally, we access, manipulate and analyze your personal information as necessary:
- To meet our contractual obligations with you or with you on behalf of the company or entity you represent and to prepare to meet such contractual obligations;
- To ensure the best experience for you in your interactions with us; which may include providing you with information about products or services that we determine are matched to your interests; and
- To comply with any legal obligation to which we are subject.
D. HOW & WHEN WILL WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
We do not sell, rent, or lease our customer lists to third parties. We occasionally hire other third parties to provide services on our behalf. Third parties that we work with must maintain the confidentiality of any personal information processed by them and are prohibited from using it for any purpose other than to deliver the services.
Some of our products and services are co-branded and offered in conjunction with products developed by other third party companies. This may occur, for example, where software that we develop is sold by a third party in a package with their own software that complements ours. We may share with those third parties such personal information collected in conjunction with the co-branded products and services.
In addition, we may share your personal information with:
- Companies that Clean Power Research plans to merge with or be acquired by. If such a transaction takes place, we will require that the new combined entity, or the acquiring entity, follow this Policy or one at least as stringent in terms of the rights and protections provided to you with respect to your personal information. If your personal information is intended to be used contrary to this Policy, you will receive prior notice and the opportunity to communicate preferences you may have, as applicable.
E. HOW WILL WE KEEP (RETAIN) YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will retain your personal information if you are a prospective customer (for example, if you contacted us about our Websites or services) or have subscribed to any of our marketing communications unless you request otherwise (as described under “Your privacy rights” below).
F. WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Clean Power Research operates entirely out of the United States of America (USA). All of our computing resources are located within the USA. The data we collect from you is stored and processed in the USA.
We take appropriate steps to ensure that the personal data we collect under this Policy is processed according to the provisions of this Policy and the requirements of applicable law no matter where the data is stored.
G. WE USE “COOKIES”
H. WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DO WE USE:
We use three types of cookies “Strictly Necessary”, “Performance” and “Functional” as described here:
Strictly Necessary cookies
These cookies are essential for our websites to function properly. They enable core functionality and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences or filling in forms. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies are used for analytics purposes to understand the performance characteristics and usage of our websites, and ultimately to help us improve our services. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and anonymous.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
Review our cookies
- Clean Power Research website: https://www.cleanpower.com/cookie-policy/
- SolarAnywhere website: https://www.solaranywhere.com/cookie-policy/
- Clean Power Research Developers website: https://developers.cleanpower.com/cookie-policy/
- Clean Power Research Support website: https://support.cleanpower.com/cookie-policy/
I. COMPLIANCE WITH THIS POLICY AND REGULATORY FRAMEWORKS
If we receive a formal written complaint regarding this Policy, we will contact the person who made the complaint to follow up and investigate the matter. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal information that we cannot resolve with our users directly.
You may have additional rights depending on your location or jurisdiction to make a complaint to governmental or regulatory authorities.
J. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS (NON-EU RESIDENTS AND CITIZENS)?
If we hold your personal information, you may at any time:
- Request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in the personal information that we hold about you;
- Request that you are no longer sent marketing or promotional e-mails, post, phone, or mobile marketing communications;
- Object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Request access to review the information that we hold about you;
- Request that we delete your personal information but only in specific circumstances, for example, where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected.
To exercise any of these rights, let us know by one of these methods:
- Visit our Email Subscription Center to update your email preferences or unsubscribe;
- Follow the directions in a marketing e-mail, direct mail, or mobile communication that you receive from us; or
- Provide your request and current contact information so that we can get back to you through one of the contact methods listed under “How to reach us and how we may communicate with you” below.
- For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing any request made to exercise your rights detailed above; and
- In some cases, we may not be able to entirely remove your content or personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. For example, we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such deletion.
K. THE EUROPEAN UNION (EU) GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (GDPR) – KNOW YOUR RIGHTS.
Clean Power Research complies with GDPR. For EU residents and citizens, GDPR gives you data protection rights. Every EU user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected about you to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Contact information is located in this Policy.
L. CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA) & CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT (CALOPPA):
Clean Power Research complies with CCPA. Residents of California have the right to request how we, or a third party affiliated with us, use personal information and request erasure of all personal contact information as stipulated by CCPA or CALOPPA. CCPA stipulates that California residents have the:
- The right to know which personal information is being collected
- The right to know if personal data is being sold or shared, and to whom
- The right to object to the sale of personal data
- The right to access one’s own personal information
- The right to equal service and price, even for consumers who exercise their privacy rights
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Contact information is located in this Policy.
We do NOT sell personal information to third parties at this time. If you are a California resident, email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CA Privacy Information Request” in the subject line and in the body of your message. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by CCPA or CALOPPA.
M. HOW TO REACH US AND HOW WE MAY COMMUNICATE WITH YOU
Communicating with us
If you have questions regarding our privacy practices, or this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com, or write us at:
Clean Power Research, L.L.C.
1541 Third St.
Napa, CA 94559
How we may communicate with you
If you have a business account with Clean Power Research, we will communicate with you through the account administrators as identified in our Websites and/or through contractually prescribed contacts.
N. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
For new customers, changes or updates to this Policy are effective upon the “Last Updated” date set forth above at the beginning of this Policy. For existing customers, changes or updates to this Policy are effective thirty (30) calendar days after the “Last Updated” date. We may update this Policy to reflect changes to our information practices. When we make changes to this Policy, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top. If the changes are material, we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this website. You should regularly review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
We may edit or amend this Policy from time to time in which case we shall publish the amended version on our Website. We will inform you should we process your personal information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was obtained.
O. ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POLICY
You should read this Policy carefully to ensure that you are willing to accept its provisions. If you do not agree with this Policy, you should refrain from using any of our websites, tools, applications and other services. Continued use of any of our websites, tools, applications or other services after having been informed of this Policy (or any changes as described in the “Changes to this Policy”) implies acceptance of the information and provisions contained in this Policy.