Last Updated: May 25, 2018
Clean Power Research, L.LC. a California company, on its own behalf, and on behalf of each its subsidiaries (collectively, “Clean Power Research,” “CPR”, “we,” “us,” or “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy applies to information we collect on and through our websites, software services and online tools including cleanpower.com, solaranywhere.com, powerclerk.com, wattplan.com, developers.cleanpower.com and others (“Website” or collectively, “Websites”) as well as offline (e.g., through consulting and research activities).
Clean Power Research is a data controller with regard to personal information that we collect, derive or obtain about you.
B. The personal data we collect and collection processes
Personal information (or “personal data”) is any information that can identify you, whether directly or indirectly. We process different types of personal information (for example, your name, company name, email address, home and/or work address, and/or telephone number).
Most personal information that we process is collected from you directly such as:
- name and contact details if and when you subscribe to communications or updates from us;
- information you provide when using our Websites, including support sites and ticketing systems;
- support incident details from customer support, technical support, interactive demos, training, and consulting;
- communications with you (e.g., email or phone calls);
- information submitted in any testimonial, comment, or other feedback message on a blog or other public-forum hosted on the Websites; and
- the Internet Protocol (or “IP”) address of the device you are using to connect to the Internet and view the Websites.
You are under no obligation to provide such information. However, if you do not provide such information we make no guarantee that we can provide you with services. For example, we may be unable to provide data access even to any no-cost services in the event that you do not provide required information.
We may also collect personal information about you through indirect means, for example through third party public sources such as a company web site or social media (e.g., LinkedIn). This information may be combined with information collected offline or from sources including third parties.
Some data that we collect may not uniquely or specifically identify you but can be used to profile you as a user based on your interests, usage, habits and practices on our Websites. For example, information about the frequency of visits to our Websites and your usage of them (or that can be—like location data based on IP address—derived) from them.
We may use tools that take elements of personal information from communications with us or interactions with our sites for statistical analysis, reference or training purposes.
C. The purposes for which we process personal data
We use personal information only for the purposes for which we collected it. These purposes include:
- Marketing to you through various content and materials that demonstrate or advertise our Website and/or services;
- Responding to questions, requests for quotes and general information;
- Contracting and delivery of products and services;
- Establishing or enforcing Terms of Service or obligations, contractual instruments or details with you as an individual or with you on behalf of the company or entity you represent;
- Providing a custom user experience in our Websites based on a saved profile of you;
- Tracking and responding errors reported in our systems that negatively impact or otherwise degrade your experience with our Websites and services;
- Resolving disputes and troubleshooting problems;
- Identifying and preventing potentially fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities;
- Creating accounts and login credentials as necessary to allow you to use our Websites;
- Performing our obligations as may be required by law.
- Performing research and analyses; and
- Informing you of updates or changes to our services.
If we need to use your personal information for any other purpose, we will notify you and explain the legal basis that allows us to do so.
Additionally, we access, manipulate and analyze your personal information as necessary:
- To meet our contractual obligations with you or with you on behalf of the company or entity you represent and to prepare to meet such contractual obligations;
- To ensure the best experience for you in your interactions with us; which may include providing you with information about products or services that we determine are matched to your interests; and
- To comply with any legal obligation to which we are subject.
We will obtain your consent to send you direct marketing emails where we are required to do so. Note that you can withdraw your consent at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link contained in each email, or by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Withdrawing your consent does not make any processing of data that occurred before you withdrew consent unlawful.
D. When and how we share personal data with third parties
We do not sell, rent, or lease our customer lists to third parties. We occasionally hire other third parties to provide services on our behalf. Third parties that we work with must maintain the confidentiality of any personal information processed by them and are prohibited from using it for any purpose other than to deliver the services.
Some of our products and services are co-branded and offered in conjunction with products developed by other third party companies. This may occur, for example, where software that we develop is sold by a third party in a package with their own software that complements ours. We may share with those third parties such personal information collected in conjunction with the co-branded products and services.
In addition, we may share your personal information with:
- Companies that Clean Power Research plans to merge with or be acquired by. If such a transaction takes place, we will require that the new combined entity, or the acquiring entity, follow this Policy with respect to your personal information. If your personal information is intended to be used contrary to this Policy, you will receive prior notice and the opportunity to communicate preferences you may have, as applicable.
E. How we keep (retain) your personal data
We will only retain data for as long as is necessary and in accordance with our data retention procedures. We will retain your personal information if you are a customer for as long as is needed to manage any account held with us.
We will retain your personal information if you are a prospective customer (for example, if you contacted us about our Websites or services) or have subscribed to any of our marketing communications unless you request otherwise (as described under “Your privacy rights” below).
F. Where we store your personal data
Clean Power Research operates entirely out of the United States of America (USA). All of our computing resources are located within the USA. The data we collect from you is stored and processed in the USA.
We take appropriate steps to ensure that the personal data we collect under this Policy is processed according to the provisions of this Policy and the requirements of applicable law no matter where the data is stored.
G. How we use “cookies”
H. Compliance with this Policy and regulatory frameworks
If we receive a formal written complaint regarding this Policy, we will contact the person who made the complaint to follow up and investigate the matter. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal information that we cannot resolve with our users directly.
You may have additional rights depending on your location or jurisdiction to make a complaint to governmental or regulatory authorities.
I. Your privacy rights
If we hold your personal information, you may at any time:
- Request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in the personal information that we hold about you;
- Request that you are no longer sent marketing or promotional e-mails, post, phone, or mobile marketing communications;
- Object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Request access to review the information that we hold about you;
- Request that we delete your personal information but only in specific circumstances, for example, where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected.
To exercise any of these rights, let us know by one of these methods:
- Visit our Email Subscription Center to update your email preferences or unsubscribe;
- Follow the directions in a marketing e-mail, direct mail, or mobile communication that you receive from us; or
- Provide your request and current contact information so that we can get back to you through one of the contact methods listed under “How to reach us and how we may communicate with you” below.
- For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing any request made to exercise your rights detailed above; and
- In some cases, we may not be able to entirely remove your content or personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. For example, we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such deletion.
J. Your California Privacy Rights
Based on Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from us, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information we share with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom we have shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident, email requests to email@example.com with “CA Privacy Information Request” in the subject line and in the body of your message. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
K. How to reach us and how we may communicate with you
Communicating with us
If you have questions regarding our privacy practices, or this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write us at:
Clean Power Research, L.L.C.
1541 Third St.
Napa, CA 94559
How we may communicate with you
If you have a business account with Clean Power Research, we will communicate with you through the account administrators as identified in our Websites and/or through contractually prescribed contacts.
L. Changes to this Policy
For new customers, changes or updates to this Policy are effective upon the “Last Updated” set forth above. For existing customers, changes or updates to this Policy are effective thirty (30) calendar days after the “Last Updated” date. We may update this Policy to reflect changes to our information practices. When we make changes to this Policy, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top. If the changes are material, we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this website. You should regularly review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
We may edit or amend this Policy from time to time in which case we shall publish the amended version on our Website. We will inform you should we process your personal information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was obtained.
M. Acceptance of this Policy
You should read this Policy carefully to ensure that you are happy with its contents. If you do not agree with this Policy, you should refrain from using our Websites and other services. Continued use of our Websites and services after having been informed of this Policy (or any changes as described in the “Changes to this Policy”) implies acceptance of the information contained in this Policy.