Utility SolutionsTransportation Electrification
Navigate the challenges of transportation electrification
Utility staff buried in EV applications
As customers learn about EVs and funding available to them, utilities are experiencing a higher volume of applications, swamping capacity.
Manually processing applications is time-consuming and reduces customer satisfaction.
Surging questions around residential EVs
Utilities are being inundated with customer questions about EVs, charging, and incentive availability.
Utilities are suddenly tasked with customer education, without the right toolset.
Commercial EV programs are complex
Developers face a daunting application process, requiring extensive project details upfront without guidance or guard-rails.
Backlogs are bogged down, due to iteration during application and contracting processes.
Utilities are struggling with complex regulatory reporting requirements and tight, difficult-to-track deadlines.
Roadmap to the future
Utilities need to plan for increased load from transportation electrification.
With explosive growth in EV charging infrastructure and DER adoption, how do utilities plan and invest appropriately?
Take the wheel, with a holistic solution for residential and commercial programs
- Offer a personalized, self-service educational tool to answer customer questions like: “Is an EV right for me?”
- Enable customers to calculate EV savings, carbon footprint, best rate plan, best time to charge at home and more.
- Automate and streamline programs applications, customer communications, deadlines, and more – without adding resources.
- Reduce make-ready project lifecycle by simplifying the developer application process and streamlining review and approvals.
- Plan with confidence. De-silo EV program data for planning and reporting. Model future adoption scenarios and load impact and invest accordingly.
- Scale with EV growth. Quickly update or add additional EV programs in-house and without IT resources.
Orange & Rockland streamlines a best-in-class EV make-ready program with PowerClerk®
Accelerating O&R’s EV infrastructure program while meeting strict regulatory reporting demands by the state of New York required digitizing, automating and streamlining its POWERREADY program workflow. Find out how O&R reduced its make-ready project lifecycle by 40%.