Consulting Engagements and Results
Bring world-class expertise to bear on your toughest energy valuation and distributed generation problems
Clean Power Research has pioneered the development of new methods of valuing and modeling renewable energy sources. As documented in a variety of publicly available reports and studies, many downloadable on our Research page, the Clean Power Research Consulting Group has helped advance the industry’s understanding of renewable resources.
A sampling of past and current customers includes:
- Minnesota Department of Commerce
- Austin Energy
- Duke Energy
- Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC)
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
- California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC)
- California Energy Commission (CEC)
- New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA)
- Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI)
Engagements with customers like these have delivered not only understanding of the immediate issues at hand, but prompted fundamental advances that have even broader impacts, including:
- Method for determining the value of fuel price certainty of PV (avoiding fossil fuel price volatility).
- Method for calculating marginal T&D loss savings, showing them to be significantly greater than average loss savings.
- Tools to integrate historical, real-time and forecast PV power into utility circuit analysis platforms.
- Tools to perform fast, multivariate analyses of the Value of Solar®, including time-correlated, location-specific PV fleet simulation.
Contact Us to learn more about our consulting services and to obtain access to PV simulation and value tools.
Contact the Consulting Group >>>