As part of the U.S. Department of Energy’s SunShot Initiative, the Montana Energy Office (MEO) of the Montana Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) received a partnership award to assess options for solar-generated energy in the state.
This report provides a blueprint for how Montana communities can expand their access to community-scale solar energy developments, including:
- An assessment of Montana’s current solar market activities and available resources
- A snapshot of the state’s current solar energy market and solar development trends
- A comparison of Montana with other states in the adoption of—and access to—solar energy technology
- A review of community-scale solar policies across several states
- A description of Montana’s experience with community-scale solar to date