Who Are We?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company that counts 10 of the top 10 Fortune 500 utilities and many of the largest renewable energy companies in the U.S. as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
Why Work Here?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Oracle, General Electric, Pacific Gas & Electric, First Solar, & Nissan
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
What You’ll be Doing as a Data Quality Analyst
The Data Quality Analyst is part of the engineering team and will work closely with software engineers and the Research team. The person in this role will perform the technical analysis of irradiance and weather data, among other data sets, and write to validate existing and new data models for historical and forecast weather data applications to ensure a high quality and accuracy of our datasets. Additionally, the person in this role will analyze and evaluate a multitude of data sources used by our SolarAnywhere® models.
The SolarAnywhere® family of products supports solutions for solar resource assessments, performance monitoring and solar forecasting. This product stands at the forefront of solar prediction for both the utility and solar markets. Our process begins with near real-time satellite imagery, leveraging advanced scientific algorithms to gauge and predict the impact of solar energy on the Earth’s surface. SolarAnywhere holds a significant presence across various markets, encompassing utility-scale forecasting and the operational management of rooftop fleets.
Clean Power Research is leveraging these datasets to solve new customer problems. The Data Quality Analyst will identify and research additional data sets, conduct rigorous technical data analysis and collaborate with the team to elevate these data sets in new and existing software products.
The Data Quality Analyst will also provide internal technical support for marketing, sales and business development functions and can represent the company at technical conferences through publications and presentations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain, and enhance a comprehensive data quality framework that defines data standards, quality and accuracy expectations, and validation processes
- Implement tools and frameworks for automating the identification of data quality issues
- Validate the output of the SolarAnywhere models to ensure high quality and accuracy of our datasets
- Process, transform, and experiment with high volumes of data to optimize model accuracy
- Apply a procedural framework to assess the performance of a variety of models and quickly identify the most suitable approaches
- Develop and maintain data quality and accuracy dashboards, and scorecards to track data quality and models performance
- Work closely with researchers to automate the validation of models they develop as part of our test and release pipelines
- Write well-structured and maintainable code when developing tools and test automation
- Stay updated with industry best practices and emerging trends in data quality, identify and evangelize opportunities to leverage new approaches and key metrics to validate model changes and continuously monitor model performance
- Identify and validate new data sources to enhance model performance
Who You Are
- BA/BS or MS degree in data science, data analytics, atmospheric sciences, mathematics, statistics, engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a professional environment having an analytical role involving data analysis techniques and preferably with emphasis on data quality
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to logically and efficiently structure ambiguous problems, identify sources of data, conduct complicated analyses, identify key insights and recommend model improvements
- Proficient in using programming languages such as Python, C# and SQL to analyze large datasets
- Experience writing test automation for data solutions or analytical products
- Skilled in conducting test planning, executing test cases, and performing validation activities
- Familiar with advanced techniques in data science, including statistical analysis, data visualization, and some machine learning techniques
- Exposure to remote sensing applications, like satellite-based measurement techniques, is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of statistics fundamentals and aptitude for working with large data sets to perform statistical analysis
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Superior organizational skills, ability to multitask across several concurrent projects
- Passion for clean tech, solar energy or renewables
Pay Range and Benefits
- Base Salary Range: $90,000 to $130,000 annual depending on experience
- Benefits: Performance-Based Bonus, Company Equity Plan
- Additional Benefits: Paid PTO, Sick Time, Holidays, Medical/Dental/Vision/Life and Disability Insurance, 401K, Paternity and Maternity Leave, Commuter Benefits
How To Apply
Click the link below to submit your resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.