Clean Power Research helps customers gain insight into the value and performance of their renewable energy resources.
The Consulting Group at Clean Power Research supports energy and economic analysis for clients in renewable energy and storage. With more than 60 man-years of utility renewables experience, Clean Power Research is a nationally recognized leader in PV economic valuation, modeling, and storage. Clients include state and federal energy agencies, electric utilities, universities, national laboratories and manufacturers.
Areas of expertise include:
- Value of distributed PV (utility and customer perspectives)
- Energy storage
- PV fleet modeling
- Net metering and feed-in-tariffs
- Clean energy program design
Clean Power Research has lead the way in developing of new methods of valuing and modeling renewable energy sources. Successes include:
- Method for determining the value of fuel price certainty of PV (avoiding fossil fuel price volatility)
- Method for calculating marginal T&D loss savings, showing them to be significantly greater than average loss savings
- Software tool for calculating utility avoided costs (value) for distributed PV
- Tools to integrate historical, real-time, and forecast PV power into utility circuit analysis platforms
Contact us to learn more about our consulting services and to obtain access to PV simulation and value tools.
Contact Us to Learn More >>>