Who Are We?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company that counts 10 of the top 10 Fortune 500 utilities and many of the largest renewable energy companies in the U.S. as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
Why Work Here?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Oracle, General Electric and Pacific Gas & Electric
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
What You’ll Be Doing as a UX Designer
As a UX Designer, you’ll be joining a cross functional team developing industry leading cloud-based software products for the utility and solar industries. You will be responsible for creating designs in collaboration with other roles to enable optimized user experiences and make our products standout as modern and appealing SaaS solutions.
The utility products, which will be your initial focus, comprise PowerClerk® and WattPlan®. WattPlan is an innovative cloud-based solution that helps consumers understand the costs and benefits of installing solar, driving an electric vehicle, or converting other household appliances to more efficient ones, using a highly personalized analysis and sophisticated energy models. You will be working on designing intuitive user experiences as part of executing on our vision of WattPlan as an integrated, multi-technology, lifecycle-aware tool for consumers to make intelligent, personalized energy decisions.
On the PowerClerk team, you’ll work on the leading software service for utility program automation. PowerClerk powers the rollout and adoption of distributed energy resources (e.g., solar, batteries/storage and electric vehicles) at some of the largest utilities in the U.S. by digitizing utility programs through intuitive, self-service interfaces that enable extensive process automation as well as utility back-end system integration. You will be working to design optimal experiences for applicants – often solar contractors – that make submitting their applications and checking their status a breeze. You’ll ensure that program administrators can find the information they are looking for and organize their work in the most productive way. And lastly, you’ll make our no-code workflow configuration capabilities an intuitive user experience for program designers so that they can develop and update their programs quickly and efficiently.
As a well-rounded UX Designer, you may also support the marketing team’s design needs that arise, including refreshing the corporate website and slide decks, and developing banner ads, eBooks and email templates.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Product/Program Managers and Engineers to understand user problems, product requirements, and constraints and propose appropriate design solutions
- Deliver high-quality designs for new features and to refine existing experiences
- Collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary teams on ideation and definition of new user experiences
- Follow a user-centered design process delivering design artifacts with an appropriate level of fidelity and detail at each stage
- Contribute innovative ideas and deliver groundbreaking designs that shape the future of our products
- Transform otherwise complex concepts into engaging and intuitive user experiences
- Prepare usability tests, conduct and facilitate testing sessions internally and with external users, and identify design improvements based on the results
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Product Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or similar field
- 4+ years of experience in user experience design, interaction design or similar role
- Portfolio demonstrates sound product thinking through navigation, user flows, interaction design and information architecture
- Clean, modern design aesthetic, an eye for detail and are always looking for ways to simplify designs
- Experience working on complex web applications and understanding the challenges of making data-centric products beautiful and intuitive
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques
- Ability to create user flow diagrams, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes from ambiguous requirements
- Experience working at various fidelities during different stages of the design cycle, from low fidelity wire-frames to pixel-perfect design specifications
- Strong understanding of responsive web design best practices
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD and other design and prototyping tools is a plus
- Experience with planning and executing usability testing with a lean approach is a plus
- Passion for renewables and for advancing the transition to clean energy
How To Apply
Click the link below to submit your resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.