Who Are We?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company that counts 10 of the top 10 Fortune 500 utilities and many of the largest renewable energy companies in the U.S. as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
Why Work Here?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Oracle, General Electric and Pacific Gas & Electric
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
What You’ll Be Doing as a Technical Product Manager
Clean Power Research seeks high-performing Technical Product Managers to work on our Utility Products. The Technical Product Manager is the internal and external technical champion for the product, able to explain its inner workings and capabilities to audiences of any type. This role requires a depth of knowledge that enables efficient communication with engineers regarding the underlying mechanics of the product. This role also requires deep knowledge of the electric utility industry, the ability to distill complex topics for varied audiences, data analysis acumen, customer empathy, and feature ideation skills. Clean Power Research Technical Product Managers generally possess engineering or scientific backgrounds and interact directly and routinely with the development team. Technical Product Managers would be working on one of the following products:
- WattPlan® is the leading product chosen by electric utilities to educate their customers with self-service renewable energy, electric vehicle and building electrification advice. The Technical Product Manager for WattPlan will work with customers to understand the details of electric utility programs and how the costs, credits and energy models work therein. Through these conversations and self-directed research, this person will deeply understand utility rate design, distributed solar accounting methods, energy load models and diverse types of energy-related incentives.
- PowerClerk® is cloud workflow automation software that gives utilities control of their renewable energy programs and beyond. With straightforward API integrations, PowerClerk connects to utility IT systems, including common platforms such as SAP, Oracle, and Salesforce, as well as utility distribution planning software tools, such as Cyme, Synergi, and DEW. PowerClerk supports numerous other integrations with leadings service providers such as, Esri ArcGIS, DocuSign, Stripe and more. The Technical Product Manager will manage these PowerClerk integrations, understand current and emerging customer needs, and prioritize a roadmap for this growing ecosystem.
- PowerClerk® Analytics is set of solutions, including established products such as SolarAnywhere® FleetView®, used by electric utility engineers, planners, and grid operators to model distributed energy resources (DERs). These solutions provide greater visibility into the DER impacts within existing and emerging business processes and help solve some of the most complex grid modernization challenges.
These positions offer a great opportunity for long-term growth and leadership as the company continues to expand its product lines in the energy industry. Self-driven and highly motivated individuals will excel in these roles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an internal and external technical champion for the product, able to explain its inner workings and capabilities to audiences of any type
- Work closely with customers to gain a deep understanding of their needs, write user stories and business requirements that that can be translated into technical feature specifications and implemented by the software engineering team to meet customer needs
- Coordinate and prioritize data science research, design, and software engineering efforts
- Collaborate with other internal Clean Power Research teams, including software engineering, data science, sales and business development, marketing, design, and other product managers to drive best practices, discover problems and identify solutions, and exceed revenue and profitability goals
- Analyze and validate product capability and data accuracy, both for customer product adoption, engagement, and marketing business needs
- Represent the company at conferences through publications and presentations
- Provide technical support for marketing, sales, and business development
- Articulate the technical differentiation and commercial value of the product through compelling software demos and presentations both online and at events
- Understand the evolving business and competitive landscape, threats, and communicate the near- and long-term product roadmap
- Provide technical support and generate compelling product content for sales, marketing, and business development
Who You Are
- 2+ years of experience in the energy industry as a product manager, subject matter expert or similar role, however, exceptional recent undergrad candidates with energy economics or modeling experience will be considered; SaaS experience is a plus
- Engineering or scientific BS degree, MS is a plus
- Possess a depth of knowledge that enables efficient communication with engineers regarding underlying mechanics of the product as well as an understanding of the electric utility industry and their business-critical processes
- Basic knowledge of data science techniques, applied machine learning, energy systems modeling, system-based modelling, statistical analysis, and data visualization
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience with programming languages such as Python
- Passion for advancing the clean energy transition
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Superior organizational and project management skills
How To Apply
Click the link below to submit your resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.