Who Are We?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company that counts 10 of the top 10 Fortune 500 utilities and many of the largest renewable energy companies in the U.S. as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
Why Work Here?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Oracle, General Electric and Pacific Gas & Electric
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
What You’ll Be Doing as a Technical Account Manager – Utilities East
Clean Power Research (CPR) is seeking a dynamic and motivated Technical Account Manager to sell our Software-as-a- Service (SaaS) products to the utility industry. The Technical Account Manager will support a Senior Account Executive to develop, cultivate and maintain utility and agency customers and prospects in one of our growing territories.
The Technical Account Manager will be the primary point of contact for existing utility customer accounts throughout the customer lifecycle. The Technical Account Manager will be chartered with expanding our product adoption within existing accounts, driving our annual renewal processes for those accounts, and supporting a sales pipeline mix for the territory. This individual will be responsible for developing deep understanding of our customers’ use cases and aligning our value propositions with those use cases. The Technical Account Manager will identify and build relationships with a range of contacts in assigned accounts, including users, sponsors, and key influencers. Under the direction of a Senior Account Executive, this individual will execute sales strategies to secure deals that will exceed aggressive account acquisition and expansion goals for our utility business in the Eastern U.S.
This is a position of great opportunity for long-term growth and leadership as CPR continues to build its team and evolves its services in an increasingly complex, competitive and global marketplace. A highly motivated and self-driven professional will excel and grow in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain customer success and satisfaction by positioning CPR Professional Services, expanding use cases and related use of CPR products, and reaching more senior levels within the customer organization
- Manage the annual renewal process for existing customers
- Generate sales proposals including positioning and pricing
- Expand and upsell within existing customers
- Support Senior Account Executive in developing opportunities in prospect accounts
- Advance prospects through the sales pipeline
- Develop subject matter expertise in our customers’ use cases and integration points
- Clearly communicate via compelling presentations and demos CPR product competitive differentiators, use cases, process fit, value propositions, pricing models, and features and benefits
- Communicate to the internal team any product functionality, pricing, or marketing gaps
- Engage CPR Professional Services, Product Management, and Exec teams as appropriate
- Achieve and exceed sales quotas
Who You Are
- 2+ years successfully selling SaaS products to large, complex business accounts
- Experience managing major accounts for retention and growth
- Track record of exceeding sales quotas and/or meeting customer satisfaction KPIs
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills including sales presentations and product demonstrations
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multitask across many concurrent opportunities
- Passion for the energy transformation
- Experience in the utility industry is a huge plus
- Available to work Eastern Time Zone business hours
- Experience with CRM tools for recording and tracking leads, contacts, and opportunities
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience required
How To Apply
Click the link below to submit your resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.