Who Are We?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company that counts 10 of the top 10 Fortune 500 utilities and many of the largest renewable energy companies in the U.S. as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
Why Work Here?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Oracle, General Electric and Pacific Gas & Electric
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
What You’ll Be Doing as a Technical Account Manager in the Solar Industry
Clean Power Research (CPR) seeks a savvy business leader with extensive technical expertise as its representative to the solar industry. Primarily supporting our SolarAnywhere ® product, the Technical Account Manager will be the primary point of contact for solar industry companies throughout the sales process and the customer lifecycle. Reporting to the Group Manager, Industry Sales, you’ll join a growing team of accomplished and high performing professionals that are passionate about helping our customers adapt and thrive in a changing energy landscape. You’ll be chartered with developing and managing a sales pipeline mix of both high value and transactional accounts while executing sales strategies to secure deals that will exceed aggressive account acquisition and revenue goals. You’ll identify and build relationships with key influencers and decision-makers within the technical, management and executive teams of prospective accounts. You’ll lead strategic efforts on cross-functional teams to present compelling software solutions that solve complex technical customer problems and ensure their success.
This is a position of great opportunity for long-term growth and leadership in renewable energy as CPR continues to build its team and evolves its services in an increasingly complex, competitive, and global marketplace. If you’re a highly motivated and self-driven technical sales professional, we’d like to hear from you.
Travel Requirement: ~25%
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop new business and expand customer base
- Cultivate new business with existing customers
- Understand complex customer problems and present compelling software solutions
- Clearly communicate CPR product features and benefits
- Demo the products effectively
- Become a technical product expert
- Advance prospects through the sales pipeline with primary focus on SolarAnywhere Data products
- Close software license deals and achieve sales and renewal targets
- Maintain accurate and complete account, contact, activity and opportunity records in company CRM platform
- Communicate to the internal team any product functionality gaps and opportunities
- Manage and maintain the highest customer satisfaction with existing customers through frequent communication
- Become a subject matter expert on solar irradiance historical and forecasting data, PV simulation modeling and product configuration options
- Develop and deliver high quality technical, business process, and product positioning content to maintain CPR’s thought leadership position for the products in the SolarAnywhere family
Who You Are
- 2+ years as a sales engineer, customer success manager, or in a technical selling role successfully selling enterprise software-as-a-service (SaaS), or equivalent experience in the solar industry
- Experience managing business accounts for retention and growth
- Track record of exceeding sales quotas preferred
- History of becoming a subject matter expert on behalf of customers and colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Superior organizational skills, ability to multitask across many concurrent opportunities
- Passion for solar and/or renewables
- Experience in the solar and/or utility industries is a huge plus
- Knowledge of SolarAnywhere irradiance data is a plus
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience required (e.g. performance engineer). Degree in meteorology or related scientific or engineering discipline preferred
Pay Range & Benefits
- Base Salary Range: $80,000 to $100,000 annual depending on experience
- Benefits: Additional Compensation – Commission Potential
- Additional Benefits: Paid PTO, Sick Time, Holidays, Medical/Dental/Vision/Life and Disability Insurance, 401K, Paternity and Maternity Leave, Commuter Benefits
How To Apply
Click the link below to submit your resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.