Who Are We?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company that counts 10 of the top 10 Fortune 500 utilities and many of the largest renewable energy companies in the U.S. as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
Why Work Here?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Oracle, General Electric and Pacific Gas & Electric
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
What You’ll Be Doing as a Software Engineering Manager
Our Engineering Team develops Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions hosted in the cloud using sophisticated development tools and cutting-edge cloud infrastructure. As a Software Engineering Manager, you’ll be leading a team of software engineers and contributing to the development of highly scalable, reliable, performant and secure cloud-based software products.
Clean Power Research is looking for a strong hands-on Software Engineering Manager who will lead a team to build innovative features for the new generation of our solar and Distributed Energy Resources (DER) analytics platform, WattPlan®. The person in this role will lead their team to execute our vision of WattPlan as an integrated, multi-technology, lifecycle-aware tool for consumers to make intelligent, personalized energy decisions.
WattPlan is an innovative cloud-based solution that helps consumers understand the costs and benefits of installing solar or adopting other DERs, such as electric vehicles, using a highly personalized analysis and sophisticated models. WattPlan uses innovations such as integrated LIDAR rooftop data and detailed customer electric data from utilities to deliver the most personalized, detailed and accurate assessment in the world. WattPlan also includes a back-end analytics engine that is productized as a web services API that powers the renewable energy industry.
This is a full-stack development position where you and your team will own entire features end-to-end. You’ll be using C#, TypeScript, JS frameworks and SQL in a cloud-hosted environment in AWS. You’ll be part of and lead an agile, empowered and high-performing team. You’ll have exposure to customers and the business and be a key participant in product, design and technology decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, motivate and nurture a team of software engineers
- Drive engineering and innovation in the WattPlan product family
- Deliver high-quality code and features with a high degree of ownership
- Participate in writing test automation and be part of a combined engineering team
- Collaborate with other team members, including other roles, to define and evolve the product
- Participate in release testing, monitoring of performance and functionality of the service in production, and handle operational issues
- Inspire passion in the team for our vision of WattPlan
Who You Are
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of software engineers
- BA/BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Someone who has strong aptitude for problem solving and consistently delivers high quality code
- Experience in building web applications/services using C#/ASP.NET/SQL and running in a cloud-hosted environment is a plus
- Passion for renewables and for advancing the transition to clean energy
How To Apply
Click the link below to submit your resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.