Who Are We?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is powering the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company that counts 10 of the top 10 Fortune 500 utilities and many of the largest renewable energy companies in the U.S. as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
Why Work Here?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Oracle, General Electric and Pacific Gas & Electric
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
What You’ll Be Doing as a Software Engineer
Our Engineering Team develops Software-as-a-Service (Saas) solutions hosted in the cloud using sophisticated development tools and cutting-edge cloud infrastructure. As a software engineer, you’ll be learning and contributing to the development of highly scalable, reliable, performant and secure software products. Some of the interesting and fun challenges you’ll face here are:
Machine learning and sophisticated scientific algorithms
On the SolarAnywhere® team, you’ll work on an innovative software-plus-science product that performs industry-leading solar prediction for the utility and solar markets. We start with near real-time satellite imagery, and use sophisticated scientific algorithms to measure and forecast how much solar energy hits the ground. There are numerous markets for SolarAnywhere, including utility-scale forecasting and rooftop fleet operation. You’ll be helping us tackle lots of interesting challenges, including improving the accuracy of our models and wide-scale forecasts using approaches such as machine learning.
Energy resource workflow automation
On the PowerClerk® team, you’ll work on the leading software service for utility program automation. PowerClerk powers the rollout and adoption of distributed energy resources (e.g., solar, batteries/storage and electric vehicles) at some of the largest utilities in the U.S. by digitizing utility programs through intuitive, self-service interfaces that enable extensive process automation as well as utility back-end system integration. You’ll be writing code used by hundreds of thousands of utility employees, utility customers and energy industry professionals that helps these energy technologies get installed and have an impact.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver high-quality code and features with a high-degree of ownership
- Participate in writing test automation (unit tests and integration tests) and be part of a combined engineering team
- Collaborate with other team members to define the product and make it great
- Participate in release testing, monitoring of performance and functionality of the service in production
Who You Are
- 1+ years of professional software development experience
- Someone who has strong aptitude for problem solving and consistently delivers high quality code
- BA/BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Experience in building web applications/services using C#/ASP.NET/SQL and running in a cloud-hosted environment is a plus
- Passion for renewables and for advancing the energy transition to clean energy
How To Apply
Click the link below to submit your resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.
Clean Power Research has offices in both Napa, CA and Kirkland (Greater Seattle Area), WA. This a position for our Napa office.