Who Are We?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company that counts 10 of the top 10 Fortune 500 utilities and many of the largest renewable energy companies in the U.S. as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
Why Work Here?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Oracle, General Electric and Pacific Gas & Electric
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
What You’ll Be Doing as a Research Intern in the Renewables Space
Clean Power Research seeks an ambitious student or prospective researcher to work as a Research Intern for an ongoing, limited time (not summer only), internship where you’ll be mentored by a full-time researcher at Clean Power Research as you work on applied technical projects in the renewable energy space. You will focus on conducting technical studies that can increase optimization of generated renewable energy through energy disaggregation studies. You will also conduct technical studies related to renewable energy modeling and economics with emphasis on studies related to high-penetration renewables integration and solar PV rooftop potential analyses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be part of the Research team responsible for advancing development of solutions and technologies that can assist system/grid operators, utility planners, and engineers in emerging challenges due to growth of DER’s
- Determine strategies for high-penetration grid-integration of renewables as well as develop novel strategies that can optimize existing grid-integrated renewables
- Model and assess PV potential from remote sensing data
- Model and assess behind-the-meter PV and battery storage from widely available load data
- Conduct a comprehensive assignment during the internship (complete ownership of research project including creation of innovative solutions to technical problems, application of existing/novel algorithms and methods for problem solving, documentation, demo, and final delivery)
- Use strong analytical and communication skills to convert technical data and results into meaningful and coherent conclusions with efficient visualizations
- Actively participate in mentor and team activities
You’ll interact with team members on projects, produce, document, and deliver meaningful results, and develop new algorithms/methods for future analytical software tools.
Who You Are
- Be pursuing a BA/BS or MS degree in engineering/applied science or related technical discipline
- Have advanced scripting skills in language relevant to big data analytics: e.g., R, Python, MATLAB, etc.
- Familiarity with clean energy technologies, power systems, energy markets, and engineering economics
- Possess the desire to effectively document work and assist in publishing high quality research papers
- Excellent skills in communication, collaboration, consultation, and organization
- Technical drive, objectivity, creativity, and a pioneering spirit
- Able to write and speak effectively in English
Pay Range & Benefits
- Part Time – Temporary Role
- Base Salary Range: $31.25 Per Hour (FTE Equivalent to $65,000 annual) Flat rate
- Additional Benefits:
- Paid Sick Time
- Holidays (Prorated based on hours worked)
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability insurance only if more than 30 hours per week worked
How To Apply
Click the link below to submit your resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.