Who Are We?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company that counts 10 of the top 10 Fortune 500 utilities and many of the largest renewable energy companies in the U.S. as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
Why Work Here?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Oracle, General Electric and Pacific Gas & Electric
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
What You’ll Be Doing as a Product Manager
Clean Power Research seeks high-performing Product Managers for our industry-leading electric Utility Solutions:
- PowerClerk® is cloud workflow automation software that gives utilities control of their renewable energy programs and beyond.
- WattPlan® educates consumers with self-service solar, electric vehicle and building electrification advice.
- PowerClerk® Analytics is set of solutions, including established products such as SolarAnywhere® FleetView®, used by electric utility engineers, planners, and grid operators to model distributed energy resources (DERs). These solutions provide greater visibility into the DER impacts within existing and emerging business processes and help solve some of the most complex grid modernization challenges.
Product Managers at Clean Power Research are high-impact, strategic roles that will drive the next phase of product growth and adoption. These roles require product savvy as well as customer empathy, business model smarts, feature ideation skills, content development acumen and messaging prowess. Our Product Managers generally possess technical or scientific backgrounds and interact directly and routinely with the development team.
The Product Manager is the primary external spokesperson for the product, communicating its roadmap and effectively demonstrating the product online and at conferences and events. This role routinely interacts with customers to effectively communicate how the product solves their problems, while listening to customers to discover new, emerging problems. As the product expert, the Product Manager partners with the sales and business development team to close key deals and identify future opportunities.
Our Product Managers maintain a deep understanding of their respective product and customers. They develop and execute product strategies and manage prioritized roadmaps that drive the next stage of product growth. As a Product Manager at Clean Power Research, you could be working on new technologies, consumer facing web applications, enterprise platforms, or data and analytics services. The goal is to match you with the team that best aligns with your interests, experience, and where you will have the most impact.
Our Product Manager positions offer great opportunities for long-term career growth. Self-driven, collaborative individuals who are eager to learn will excel in this role. The strongest candidates will have a combination of SaaS experience, workflow automation and energy acumen, an eye for UI/UX design and data visualizations, and knowledge of data science techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the product champion, defining product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Serve as the voice of the customer throughout the product development lifecycle
- Develop a deep understanding of utilities and their customers’ needs and pain points
- Define requirements, and collaborate with engineers, designers, data scientists, and product and program managers to deliver exceptional solutions
- Rapidly and iteratively test new ideas to improve existing products and develop new ones
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data to guide team prioritization
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the competition and other market forces, ensuring we maintain our competitive advantage
- Support marketing by developing product positioning, messaging and other content and collateral
- Support sales by delivering expert-level demos, owning pricing and contract template assets, and contributing to competitive sales solicitations
- Travel occasionally to meet with customers and attend trade shows and conferences
Who You Are
- 2+ years as a product manager or related customer-facing experience
- Energy industry experience, especially with software products, strongly preferred
- Experience in defining product strategies and roadmaps, discovering customer requirements, and designing creative solutions with a cross-functional team
- Technical or scientific degree strongly preferred; MBA a plus
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Superior organizational and project management skills
- Energy, renewables, or clean tech passion required
How To Apply
Click the link below to submit your resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.