Who Are We?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company that counts 10 of the top 10 Fortune 500 utilities and many of the largest renewable energy companies in the U.S. as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
Why Work Here?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Oracle, General Electric, Pacific Gas & Electric, First Solar, & Nissan
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
What You’ll be Doing as a Product Manager in the Solar Industry
Clean Power Research® (CPR) is seeking an entrepreneurial, detailed-oriented Product Manager to help define the vision and execution of its SolarAnywhere® product line. Clean Power Research is a leading provider of solar data and intelligence to PV developers, operators and utilities, with services ranging from utility interconnection feasibility analysis to utility scale PV forecasting in support of energy trading.
At Clean Power Research, product managers work cross-functionally, drive feature development, and launch new product capabilities. They engage with customers to understand industry challenges and creatively define products that capture those opportunities. The Product Manager should be able to ideate and innovate in uncertain environments.
Collateral and content development are core elements of product ownership. The Product Manager is an expert on their product and will use their expertise to develop strong product positioning and messaging, especially against competition. They will also represent the product to external groups, industry leaders, customers, and prospects.
The product manager is responsible for the product roadmap. As such, experience with software development or relevant technical expertise such as PV modeling is required. The Product Manager’s efforts impact the solar resource data used by customers to model the production of many gigawatts of PV power daily.
A strong candidate will be comfortable with supporting product strategy, including topics like identifying new verticals, market sizing, pricing, and international plans.
This is an individual contributor position that offers excellent opportunities for long-term growth and leadership development as the company continues to grow. A highly motivated and self-driven individual contributor will excel in this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand solar and utility industry pain points through customer discovery; prioritize and translate a product backlog of ideas into a bold product roadmap that grows the business
- In close collaboration with technical teams– develop, define and launch industry-leading features that delight customers and increase adoption of SolarAnywhere within customers’ business processes
- Provide support to sales for customer prospects evaluating the product with live demos and close technical support during hands-on product evaluation
- Work with Customer Success Managers to provide post-sales support to customers across the spectrum from pre-production deployment to ongoing commercial use
- Represent Clean Power Research at industry conferences, speak publicly, and execute go-to-market plans for new products
- BA/BS degree required; MS engineering or business focus preferred
- Passion for cleantech, solar energy or renewables is essential
- Minimum of two years of product management experience, preferably with SaaS
- Technical background including skills in basic statistics and data analysis
- Demonstrated experience with AGILE development process and feature definition
- Superior organizational skills; ability to track and juggle many tasks
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
A strong candidate brings some sort of distinguished skill to the role—whether in utility business background, technical ability, or exposure to solar industry. This role is flexible to the unique skillset of the candidate and the items listed below are good examples of an applicable differentiated skill.
- Three years or more experience with solar resource data and PV modeling, utility-scale power systems, or in a highly technical field like engineering
- Strong familiarity with large scale solar development capital project lifecycle or asset management
- Notable technical experience in data-analytics or data visualizations: Python, R, etc.
- Comfortably able to handle procurement and sourcing contracts like RFI, RFP, RFQ
- Some exposure to product strategy or business development (BD)
Pay Range & Benefits
- Base Salary Range: $90,000 to $130,000 annual depending on experience
- Benefits: Performance-Based Bonus, Company Equity Plan
- Additional Benefits: Paid PTO, Sick Time, Holidays, Medical/Dental/Vision/Life and Disability Insurance, 401K, Paternity and Maternity Leave, Commuter Benefits
How To Apply
Click the link below to submit your resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.