Who Are We?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company that counts 10 of the top 10 Fortune 500 utilities and many of the largest renewable energy companies in the U.S. as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
Why Work Here?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Oracle, General Electric, Consolidated Edison and Pacific Gas & Electric
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
What You’ll Be Doing as a Lead Technical Program Manager
The Lead Program Manager will be managing, leading and growing a team of Program Managers helping us ideate, writing functional specifications and designing innovative features for the latest generations of our utility-oriented software services, PowerClerk® and WattPlan®, and our SolarAnywhere® solar industry solutions .
The worldwide energy transition requires utilities and the energy industry to innovate not only in how they generate electricity, but also in how they engage customers and adapt their infrastructures. PowerClerk is a business process automation solution that enables no-code deployment of workflows and enables program administrators at utilities and energy agencies to efficiently conceive, build, rollout and evolve energy programs online. The PowerClerk team at Clean Power Research ensures that PowerClerk stays safe, secure and that it is constantly improving through its nearly weekly releases. PowerClerk is already in use by some of the largest utilities in the U.S. We have numerous bold bets and challenges ahead, including adding impressive new capabilities to let us enter new markets and verticals.
WattPlan is an innovative web application and platform that helps consumers understand the costs and benefits of installing solar or adopting other distributed energy resource (DER) technologies, such as electric vehicles, using a highly personalized analysis and sophisticated analytical models.
SolarAnywhere is an innovative software-plus-science product that performs industry-leading solar prediction for the utility and solar markets. We start with near real-time satellite imagery and use sophisticated scientific algorithms to measure and forecast how much solar energy hits the ground. There are numerous markets for SolarAnywhere, including utility-scale forecasting and rooftop fleet operations and maintenance.
As a Lead Program Manager, you will be working closely with the Product Managers, Designers and Engineering teams to understand customer needs, come up with ideas for new features and translate them into functional specifications that will guide software engineers on what needs to be developed.
This is primarily an inward-facing role, however, you will also be interacting with some customers in support of Product Managers. The Lead Program Manager is a member of the engineering team and collaborates closely with software engineers on feature development. You will be driving feature ideation, functional specifications and helping engineering with project management and customer commitments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage, motivate and nurture a team of Program Managers
- Deliver high-quality and detailed specifications for new features
- Collaborate closely with developers and other roles on ideation and definition of new functionality
- Manage multiple projects including schedules, deadlines and specific customer deliveries
- Define individual project goals and success metrics
- Communicate risks and progress to project stakeholders including the exec team
- Communicate schedule-related items and technical aspects of some integration points directly to Clean Power Research customers, as appropriate
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other roles, and research customer needs to understand product requirements
- 5+ years of professional program management experience including managing a team of direct reports
- BA/BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Experience with software development projects through full lifecycle
- Familiarity and some experience working on cloud-based software
- Experience translating feature ideas and requirements to specifications Engineering can efficiently use to devise an optimal design and architecture
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, and able to convey appropriate level of detail for each target audience
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to track and juggle many tasks
- Must be detail-oriented and self-directed
- Ability to coordinate effectively in a multi-team environment
- Experience in project management is a plus
- Passion for clean tech, solar energy, or renewables