Who We Are?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company that counts 10 of the top 10 Fortune 500 utilities and many of the largest renewable energy companies in the U.S. as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
Why Work Here
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Oracle, General Electric and Pacific Gas & Electric
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
What You’ll be Doing as Director of Product Management
As a seasoned business leader with extensive product management experience, you’ll lead a team currently of 12+ product managers, rate/data administrators and customer success managers. The team is distinct from our sales, business development, marketing and software engineering (development) teams, which are managed by other senior leaders.
Product management at Clean Power Research is both inbound and outbound; it requires product and software engineering process savvy as well as customer empathy, market expertise, content development acumen and messaging prowess. Our product managers possess scientific and technical backgrounds and interact closely and routinely with their colleagues on our development teams. This role will direct the product managers to excellence of output individually for their product families and present the value-add of Clean Power Research products as a broader, integrated platform that has a clear roadmap for ongoing innovation.
Our customer success managers coordinate the on-boarding of customers to our products, all of which are subscription services (i.e., Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)). Additionally, they routinely interact with customers to ensure the rollout of new features is progressing smoothly. Our customers get to “vote” on our quality and value with every subscription renewal, so the Director of Product Management plays a key role in interacting with customers alongside our account executives to ensure customer satisfaction.
The Director of Product Management must also serve as a company expert in a number of areas, including: pricing and licensing development, new business model conception and enterprise IT trends/sensitivities.
The position reports to the CEO and is a member of the Clean Power Research executive team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage, motivate and nurture the product management, data administration and customer success teams
- Own, execute and tune the company’s product strategy
- Own the company’s product vision; lead development and execution of roadmaps with the VP of Engineering
- Conceive and deliver positioning and messaging through various content types, distill complex topics appropriately for our audiences
- Be a resource for complex customer engagements and drive deals to closure as a multi-product expert
- Develop and tune pricing, licensing and bundling approaches
- Work with Business Development to identify new market spaces and conceive and pilot new business models
- Be able to competently demo Clean Power Research products and foster a “demo culture” broadly within the company
- Communicate to the internal team any product functionality gaps and opportunities
- Travel occasionally to meet with customers, attend shows and conferences and meet with press and analysts
- Be a recognized leader in the broader energy space, securing opportunities to represent Clean Power Research as a speaker and writer
Who You Are
- 5+ years as a product manager or program manager (with customer-facing experience) including a track of record of success in director-level or more senior positions
- Software industry and SaaS experience required
- B2B/enterprise software experience a plus
- Technical or scientific degree strongly preferred, MBA a plus
- Energy, renewable, solar or clean tech passion required, experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Comfortable using spreadsheets to model pricing, adoption, etc.
- Superior organizational skills
Pay Range & Benefits
- Base Salary Range: $155,000 to $205,000 annual depending on experience
- Benefits: Performance-Based Bonus, Company Equity Plan
- Additional Benefits: Paid PTO, Sick Time, Holidays, Medical/Dental/Vision/Life and Disability Insurance, 401K, Paternity and Maternity Leave, Commuter Benefits
How To Apply
Click the link below to submit your resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.