Who Are We?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company that counts 10 of the top 10 Fortune 500 utilities and many of the largest renewable energy companies in the U.S. as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
Why Work Here?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Oracle, General Electric and Pacific Gas & Electric
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
What You’ll Be Doing as a Customer Success Manager – Utilities
Clean Power Research is seeking a detail-oriented, customer-focused Customer Success Manager to join the product management team, support the execution of our product vision and respond to the needs of our rapidly growing customer base.
The Customer Success Manager will be an individual contributor responsible for onboarding new solar industry and utility customers and enabling successful feature adoption for the PowerClerk® and WattPlan® product families. This position calls for a detail-oriented professional with excellent data analysis, listening and problem-solving skills, consistent follow-through, and a strong aptitude for acquiring technical knowledge of the automation that is built into our software platforms. The person in this role must be able to distill utility program requirements and succinctly and accurately develop product configurations for our customers. This role also requires the ability to compose technical documents which communicate value and how the end-user can implement best-practices within our products. Developing empathy for customers and a deep understanding of their needs will be key to success and will support product development.
The Customer Success Manager shares responsibility for sales renewal targets for the company’s utility software services. This role requires the ability to effectively work with sales, marketing and engineering to exceed revenue and profitability goals.
This is a position of great opportunity for building experience in the utility and software industries as the company continues to build its software team and evolve its services in an increasingly complex, competitive and global marketplace. A highly motivated and self-driven individual will excel in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Guide customers through a great onboarding process with a concierge-like experience, where clients have confidence that their voice is always heard, and that the product will grow with their needs
- Communicate and manage deliverables and regular status check-ins throughout the customer configuration process, ensuring a timely and efficient process from contract signing through launch
- Support the development of product support materials (e.g., how-to videos and documentation) to streamline knowledge transfer to customers for pre- and post-sales activities
- Technical writing including customer deliverables, validation of new offerings, and marketing support
- Become a subject matter expert with workflow automation, distributed energy resources (DERs) and product configuration options
- Monitor and manage customer support activities for the PowerClerk and WattPlan product families, including fielding questions about API documentation, debugging API input and output XML and JSON formats, and the internal workings of our software
- Play a significant role in developing our next generation of products
- Assure data and product quality and work toward continuous process improvement
Who You Are
- BA/BS degree required; technical or science focus preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a professional environment
- Prior experience with electric utilities, DERs and/or program management essential
- Demonstrated high attention to detail, a high level of data input accuracy and strong organizational skills
- Patience, a sharp analytical mind, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills will be critical to success in this position
- Ability to understand and decipher meteorological and solar energy datasets
- Proficiency and comfort in Excel
- Experience work with, analyzing or maintaining complex datasets using software such as Excel, Access, MySQL or similar
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Superior organizational skills; ability to track and juggle many tasks
- Passion for software and its potential for impact
Pay Range & Benefits
- Base Salary Range: $75,000 to $110,000 annual depending on experience
- Benefits: Performance-Based Bonus, Company Equity Plan
- Additional Benefits: Paid PTO, Sick Time, Holidays, Medical/Dental/Vision/Life and Disability Insurance, 401K, Paternity and Maternity Leave, Commuter Benefits
How To Apply
Click the link below to submit your resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.