Who Are We?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company that counts 10 of the top 10 Fortune 500 utilities and many of the largest renewable energy companies in the U.S. as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
Why Work Here?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Oracle, General Electric and Pacific Gas & Electric
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
What You’ll Be Doing as a Customer Success Specialist
Clean Power Research is seeking a detail-oriented, customer-focused Customer Success Specialist to join the product management team, support the execution of our product vision and respond to the needs of our rapidly growing customer base.
The Customer Success Specialist will be an individual contributor responsible for onboarding new solar industry and utility customers while enabling successful feature adoption for the SolarAnywhere® and WattPlan® product families. This position calls for a detail-oriented professional or recent graduate with excellent data analysis, listening and problem-solving skills, consistent follow-through, and a strong aptitude for learning the technical background of our products. The person in this role must be able to distill technical information and share it succinctly and accurately with our customers, including technical writing which communicates value and drives adoption. Developing empathy for customers and a deep understanding of their needs will be key to success and will support product development.
This role requires the ability to effectively work with sales, marketing and engineering to exceed customer engagement and retention goals. This is a position of great opportunity for building experience in the renewable and software industries as the company continues to build its software team and evolve its services in an increasingly complex, competitive and global marketplace. A highly motivated and self-driven individual will excel in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Guide customers through a great onboarding process with a concierge-like experience, where clients have confidence that their voice is always heard, and that the product will grow with their needs
- Communicate and manage deliverables and regular status check-ins throughout the customer configuration process, ensuring a timely and efficient process from contract signing through launch
- Contribute to product support materials (e.g., how-to videos and documentation) and other collateral to streamline knowledge transfer to customers for pre- and post-sales activities
- Become a subject matter expert in areas of PV simulation modeling, electric rate modeling and product configuration options
- Organize and prioritize support inbound via customer support ticketing platform
- Promptly respond to customer support requests for the SolarAnywhere and WattPlan product families, including debugging API and UI support descriptions
- Communicate customer issues and requests to the SolarAnywhere development team using the appropriate channels and processes
- Perform detailed product testing and customer feedback collection to influence the development of our next generation of products
- Assure data quality and work toward continuous process improvement
Who You Are
- BA/BS degree required; technical or science focus preferred
- Prior experience in renewables including solar resource assessment, economic analysis or performance monitoring strongly preferred
- Passion for cleantech, solar energy or renewables essential
- Demonstrated high attention to detail, a high level of data input accuracy and strong organizational skills
- Patience, a sharp analytical mind, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to decipher meteorological and solar energy datasets
- Proficiency and comfort in Excel and MS Office suite
- Exposure to one or more coding languages (i.e., python, R, MatLab, etc.) preferred
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Superior organizational skills; ability to track and juggle many tasks
- Passion for software and its potential for impact
Pay Range & Benefits
- Base Salary Range: $60,000 to $80,000 annual depending on experience
- Benefits: Performance-Based Bonus, Company Equity Plan
- Additional Benefits: Paid PTO, Sick Time, Holidays, Medical/Dental/Vision/Life and Disability Insurance, 401K, Paternity and Maternity Leave, Commuter Benefits
How To Apply
Click the link below to submit your resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.