Who Are We?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company that counts 10 of the top 10 Fortune 500 utilities and many of the largest renewable energy companies in the U.S. as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
Why Work Here?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Oracle, General Electric, Pacific Gas & Electric, First Solar, & Nissan
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
What You’ll be Doing as an Account Executive – Utilities
Clean Power Research (CPR) is seeking dynamic and motivated Account Executives to sell our Software-as-a- Service (SaaS) products to the utility industry. The Account Executive will develop, cultivate and maintain utility and agency prospects and customers in the utility industry.
The Account Executive will be the primary point of contact for utility companies throughout the entire sales process and through the customer lifecycle. The Account Executive will be chartered with developing and managing a sales pipeline mix of both high value and transactional accounts, while executing sales strategies to secure deals that will exceed aggressive account acquisition and expansion goals. Specifically, this individual will be responsible for identifying and building relationships with key influencers and decision-makers within the senior management and executive teams of prospective accounts, along with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to create and present compelling Clean Power Research SaaS Solutions that meet and exceed customer requirements.
The Account Executive will focus on a specific territory and will be responsible for existing customers and new prospects in the territory. Clean Power Research is located in Bellevue, WA (Greater Seattle Area). Experienced remote candidates residing in New York, Massachusetts, California, Nevada, or Colorado may be considered for this role.
This is a position of great opportunity for long-term growth and leadership as CPR continues to build its team and evolves its services in an increasingly complex, competitive and global marketplace. A highly motivated and self-driven professional will excel and grow in this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify and develop opportunities in new accounts
- Advance prospects through the sales pipeline
- For existing customers, maintain customer success and satisfaction by positioning CPR Professional Services, expanding use cases, cross-selling additional CPR products, and reaching more senior levels within the customer organization
- Track and analyze sales pipeline metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Clearly communicate CPR product competitive differentiators, use cases, process fit, value propositions, pricing, and features and benefits
- Communicate to the internal team any product functionality or marketing gaps
- Engage CPR Professional Services, Product Management, and Executive teams as appropriate
- Secure renewals
- Achieve and exceed sales quotas
- Represent CPR at industry conferences and events
Pay Range & Benefits
- Base Salary Range: $100,000 to $120,000 annual depending on experience
- Benefits: Additional Compensation – Commission Potential, Company Equity Plan
- Additional Benefits: Paid PTO, Sick Time, Holidays, Medical/Dental/Vision/Life and Disability Insurance, 401K, Paternity and Maternity Leave, Commuter Benefits
Who You Are
- 5+ years successfully selling SaaS products to large, complex business accounts – ideally utilities
- Experience managing major accounts for retention and growth
- Track record of developing new accounts and exceeding sales quotas
- Contract and price negotiation success
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multitask across many concurrent opportunities
- Passion for the energy transformation
- Experience in the utility industry is a huge plus
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience required
How To Apply
Click the link below to submit your resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.