Who are we?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company that counts seven of the top 10 U.S. electric utilities and many of the largest renewable energy companies as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
Why work here?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution.
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies such as Microsoft, Google, Oracle and Pacific Gas & Electric.
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table.
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions.
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company.
- Be part of a growing company that expects you to grow with us, and that invests in your development.
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan.
What you’ll be doing as the Technical Product Manager
The position of Technical Product Manager is a critical link between the software, research and product teams within Clean Power Research. The person in this role will be involved in the technical analysis of SolarAnywhere® irradiance and weather data, as well as the design and testing of new algorithms and data models for historical and forecast weather data applications.
The Technical Product Manager will work closely with customers to understand needs, and then develop solutions that can be implemented by the software development team. The Technical Product Manager will also work alongside the software development team to conduct industry-leading research in the application of data science to solar irradiance and weather data prediction.
Key customer interactions will involve product consultation and support, while also gathering information on current and future customer needs. The ideal candidate will be familiar with techniques in data science, including statistical analysis and data visualization for presenting to customers and internal stakeholders alike. Exposure to remote sensing applications, such as satellite-based measurement techniques, is a plus. He or she will also provide internal technical support for marketing, sales and business development functions, and represent the company at technical conferences through publications and presentations.
This position is a great opportunity for long-term growth and leadership as the company continues to build expertise around the application of irradiance and other meteorological data more broadly in the energy industry. The company and product serve a complex, creative and competitive marketplace, and a self-driven and highly motivated individual will excel in this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as an internal technical champion, combining knowledge of software development, passion about subject matter and a strong math/statistics background.
- Analyze and validate product capability and data accuracy, both for customer engagement and marketing business needs.
- Design and manage a local development environment that clearly organizes large datasets and can develop new models, then efficiently analyze improvements, often leading to point-of-handoff to the software development team.
- Contribute to RFPs in the areas of solar resource forecasting and PV-to-grid integration.
- Conduct research and document findings for government research grants.
- Understand the evolving market requirements and communicate the near- and long-term product roadmap.
- Be a leading technical representative from Clean Power Research on irradiance and weather data science, capable of presenting at trade shows and technical conferences, and with press and market analysts, as required.
- Articulate the technical differentiation and commercial value of the SolarAnywhere product line.
- Demo software products in person and over the web.
Who you are:
- BS or greater degree required, preferably in engineering, math or physics.
- Two or more years of technical product management, including experience with web hosted software.
- Aptitude for working with large datasets, locally or via APIs, to perform numerical analysis in Python.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills, ability to multitask across several concurrent projects.
- Passion for renewable energy.
- Experience with machine learning libraries or software packages.
- Familiarity with remote sensing weather technologies, such as satellite and NWP sources.
How to Apply
Click the link below to submit your resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the renewable energy space along with your resume.
Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.