Software Engineer – SolarAnywhere
WHO ARE WE?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company and award-winning innovator that counts seven of the top 10 utilities in the U.S. and many of the largest solar companies as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
WHY WORK HERE?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Oracle and Pacific Gas & Electric
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER
We’re adding a Software Engineer to our SolarAnywhere team. SolarAnywhere is an innovative software plus science product that performs industry-leading solar prediction for the utility and solar markets. We start with near real-time satellite imagery, and use sophisticated scientific algorithms to measure and forecast how much solar energy hits the ground. There are numerous markets for SolarAnywhere, including utility-scale forecasting and rooftop fleet operation.
You’ll be a high-horsepower coding contributor that designs, builds and delivers major features and highly scalable components. You’ll be helping us tackle lots of big challenges, including improving the accuracy of our models and wide-scale forecasts using approaches such as machine learning.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver high-quality code and features with a high-degree of ownership
- Participate in writing test automation (unit tests and integration tests) and be part of a combined engineering team
- Collaborate with other team members to define the product and make it great
- Participate in release testing, monitoring of performance and functionality of the service in production.
WHO YOU ARE
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Superior programmer who consistently delivers tight, finely crafted code
- BA/BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Experience in building web applications/services using C#/ASP.NET/SQL and running in a cloud-hosted environment is a plus
- Passion for solar energy or renewables is a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Click the link below to submit your resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.
Clean Power Research is located in Kirkland (Greater Seattle Area). Local, full-time, in-office candidates only, please.