Software Engineer – PowerClerk®
WHO ARE WE?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company that counts 10 of the top 10 Fortune 500 U.S. utilities and many of the largest U.S. renewable energy companies as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
WHY WORK HERE?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Oracle, General Electric, Consolidated Edison and Pacific Gas & Electric
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER
We’re adding a Software Engineer to our team to build innovative features for the new generation of our PowerClerk® software platform.
PowerClerk enables electric utilities to leverage a proven, safe and secure distributed energy resource (ex: Solar, EVs) workflow and automation software service. PowerClerk is already in use by some of the largest utilities in the U.S. We have numerous bold bets and challenges ahead, including adding dramatic new capabilities to let us enter new markets and verticals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivering high-quality code and features with a high-degree of ownership
- Participate in writing test automation (unit tests and integration tests) and be part of a combined engineering team
- Collaborate with other team members to define the product and make it great
- Participate in release testing, monitoring of performance and functionality of the service in production
WHO YOU ARE
- 1+ years of professional software development experience
- Superior programmer who consistently delivers tight, finely crafted code
- BA/BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Experience in building web applications/services using C#/ASP.NET/SQL and running in a cloud-hosted environment is a plus
- Passion for renewables is a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below to submit a cover letter detailing your interest in the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.
Clean Power Research is located in Kirkland near the intersection of SR520 and Lake Wash. Blvd NE (Greater Seattle Area). Local, full-time, in-office candidates only, please.
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.Apply for this position