Sales Development Specialist
WHO ARE WE?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company and award-winning innovator that counts 10 of the top 10 utilities in the U.S. and many of the largest solar companies as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
WHY WORK HERE?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies like Microsoft, Amazon and Oracle
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING AS SALES DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Clean Power Research (CPR) is seeking a highly motivated, self-driven Sales Development Specialist to have an impact on our Sales and Marketing teams by acting as the central expert on customer research and lead qualification. CPR’s software-as-a-service (SAAS) products, including the PowerClerk®, WattPlan® and SolarAnywhere® families are growing. We need a candidate that will be responsible for conducting outbound marketing and sales research, including ensuring that in-bound sales leads are qualified and given the highest level of customer service.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this role is a pivotal individual contributor who will impact the growth of the company. Customer and prospect insights gathered in this role will have a significant impact on the company achieving our sales goals, customer satisfaction metrics and insights.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own, manage and track all in-bound new sales leads; coordinate actions with Sales Management
- Work closely with prospects to understand and capture solution needs and requirements
- Drive proactive communications following prospect requests for information and proposals
- Conduct outbound pre-sales outreach; identify target buyers and collect customer contact data
- Collect and analyze data on customer and prospect preferences, needs and buying habits
- Devise, evaluate and execute customer data collection efforts (e.g., surveys, opinion polls or questionnaires)
- Communicate collected customer insights data and translate into actionable steps
- Present customer and prospect research data and observations to Marketing and Sales leadership
- Assist with company event planning, logistics and lead follow-up activities as needed
WHO YOU ARE
- 2+ years experience in customer service, pre-sales or market research role
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint for data analysis and presentation, respectively
- Able to analyze and understand CRM and Marketing Automation solutions data
- Strong listening, customer service and/or sales skills
- Passion for clean/renewable energy and SaaS
- Team player able to build and execute against a greater-than-one vision
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree highly desired
- Proficiency in Spanish, French or German
- Experience with CRM administration
- Experience in the energy sector and/or utility industry experience
- Experience in supporting or promoting SaaS-based solutions
Experience in market research highly desired
HOW TO APPLY
Click the link below to submit your resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.
Clean Power Research is located in Kirkland (Greater Seattle Area). Local, full-time, in-office candidates only, please.
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.Apply for this position