Product Manager – Solar Simulation Modeling
WHO ARE WE?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company and award-winning innovator that counts eight of the top 10 utilities in the U.S. and many of the largest solar companies as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
WHY WORK HERE?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies such as Microsoft, Amazon, Oracle, NextEra and Pacific Gas & Electric
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Be part of a growing company that expects you to grow with us, and that invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision insurance, an equity plan, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING AS A PRODUCT MANAGER
Clean Power Research® (CPR) is seeking a detail-oriented, customer-focused Product Manager own the execution of our product vision and the needs of our growing customer base. Clean Power Research is a leading provider of solar data and intelligence to PV developers, operators and utilities, with services ranging from utility interconnection feasibility analysis to fleet and utility scale PV forecasting to support energy trading. The Product Manager will be responsible for maintaining and upgrading the PV power simulation model used by Clean Power Research and our customers to estimate the production of tens of gigawatts of PV production daily.
At Clean Power Research, product managers work with technical experts, customer data, sales, engineering, marketing and the executive team to define product priorities, drive development, and launch and market new capabilities. The successful candidate will utilize strong interpersonal abilities to ensure that stakeholders feel heard, and to translate what they’ve heard into software development specifications that the engineering team can draw from to solve customer problems.
The Product Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the product including the technology roadmap, usability of the UI and API and performance. As such, experience with software development or relevant technical expertise such as PV modeling is preferred.
The Product Manager will also serve as technical and product expertise to assist the sales team with winning new and renewal business, which is a substantial portion of the company’s revenue. This role also requires the ability to work effectively with marketing and engineering to exceed revenue and profitability goals.
This is an individual contributor position and offers excellent opportunities for long-term growth and leadership development as the company continues to grow. A highly motivated and self-driven individual contributor will excel in this role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the accuracy and reliability of the PV power model, leveraging (and contributing to as appropriate) open source PV modeling software such as NREL’s System Advisor Model and pvlib
- Engage with the PV modeling community to understand opportunities and challenges for PV modeling software
- Engage with the owners and operators of solar PV to understand the opportunities and challenges for solar asset management and solar forecasting
- Work with technical experts (e.g. data science, atmospheric science, solar forecasting) to develop industry-leading techniques for predicting solar energy production
- Ensure the usability of the model, including maintaining user-friendly documentation
- Provide support to sales for customer prospects evaluating the product with live demos and close technical support during hands-on product evaluation
- Navigate ambiguous business scenarios and develop strategic and insightful market and business requirements, including developing new pricing and licensing structures to support adoption and application to new use cases
- Work with Customer Success Managers to provide post-sales support to customers across the spectrum from pre-production deployment to ongoing commercial use
- Drive customer adoption of new and existing features to deeply integrate the product into their business processes
- Identify natural extension markets and spaces for the product family and conceive pilot programs to validate concepts
WHO YOU ARE:
- BA/BS degree required; engineering or business focus preferred
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Superior organizational skills; ability to track and juggle many tasks
- Passion for cleantech, solar energy or renewables essential
- Passion for software and its potential for impact
- Minimum of two years of product management experience in software, preferably SaaS; Alternatively, minimum two years developing or managing PV modeling software
Click on the link below to submit a cover letter detailing your interest in the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements. This position is in our Kirkland, Wash., office near the intersection of SR520 and Lake Washington Blvd NE (greater Seattle area).
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.Apply for this Position