Product Manager – PowerClerk
Who are we?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company that counts 10 of the top 10 Fortune 500 utilities and many of the largest renewable energy companies in the U.S. as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
Why work here?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies such as Microsoft, Amazon, Oracle, NextEra and Pacific Gas & Electric
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Be part of a growing company that expects you to grow with us, and that invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision insurance, an equity plan, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
What you’ll be doing as a Product Manager
Clean Power Research® (CPR) is seeking a detail-oriented, customer-focused Product Manager to join the PowerClerk® team to lead the execution of our product vision and the needs of our growing customer base. PowerClerk is a software platform used by electric utilities and energy agencies across the U.S. to automate workflows associated with managing energy programs. The Product Manager will be responsible for the utility user experience, which includes key processes like design and launch of new energy programs, partner integrations and data visualization and reporting to support key customer use cases. This position calls for excellent listening and problem-solving skills, combined with a strong aptitude for learning software platforms (website and API) and designing features that enable easy use of those platforms. Additionally, the successful candidate will utilize strong interpersonal abilities to ensure that customers feel they’re heard, and to translate what they’ve heard into software development specifications that the engineering team can draw from to solve customer problems.
The Product Manager lends technical and product expertise to assist the sales team with winning new and renewal PowerClerk subscription business, which is a substantial portion of the company’s revenue. This role also requires the ability to work effectively with marketing and engineering to exceed revenue and profitability goals.
This is an individual contributor position with great opportunity for long-term growth and leadership skill building as the company continues to grow its product management and software teams, and evolves its services in an increasingly complex, competitive and global marketplace. A highly motivated and self-driven career professional will excel in this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support to sales for customer prospects evaluating the product with live demos and close technical support during hands-on product evaluation
- Navigate ambiguous business scenarios and develop strategic and insightful market and business requirements, including developing new pricing and licensing structures to support adoption and application to new use cases
- Work with Customer Success Managers to provide post-sales support to customers across the spectrum from pre-production deployment to ongoing commercial use
- Find innovative solutions to customer business process challenges using existing product features and support the PowerClerk team in distilling customer feedback into feature ideas/product improvements for road-map consideration
- Drive customer adoption of new and existing features to deeply integrate the product into their business processes
- Identify natural extension markets and spaces for the product family and conceive pilot programs to validate concepts
- Become an expert in product configuration and support the on-boarding of new customers by providing demonstrations and training over the web
- Support the development of product support materials (e.g., positioning and messaging) to streamline knowledge transfer to sales, marketing and customer success.
Articulate the business and technical intricacies of the product line
- Work closely with electric utilities, and develop a deep understanding of their needs, pain points and business processes
Who you are:
- BA/BS degree required; engineering or business focus preferred
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Superior organizational skills; ability to track and juggle many tasks
- Passion for clean-tech, solar energy or renewables essential
- Passion for software and its potential for impact
- Minimum of four years of product management experience in software, preferably SaaS; background working with or for an electric utility also preferred
How to Apply
Click on the link below to submit a cover letter detailing your interest in the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements. ￼ This position is in our Kirkland, Wash., office near the intersection of SR520 and Lake Washington Blvd NE (greater Seattle area).
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.