Lead Product Manager – PowerClerk
WHO ARE WE?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company and award-winning innovator that counts eight of the top 10 utilities in the U.S. and many of the largest solar companies as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
WHY WORK HERE?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution.
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies such as Microsoft, Amazon, Oracle, NextEra and Pacific Gas & Electric.
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table.
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions.
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Be part of a growing company that expects you to grow with us, and that invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision insurance, an equity plan, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING AS THE LEAD PRODUCT MANAGER
Clean Power Research seeks a seasoned product manager to serve as the lead product manager on the company’s largest revenue product family, PowerClerk®. This people management role requires strong individual contributions combined with thoughtful and effective team management.
Product management at Clean Power Research is both inbound and outbound. It requires product and development savvy as well as customer empathy, market expertise, business model smarts and innovation, feature ideation skills, content development acumen and messaging prowess. Our product managers possess technical and scientific backgrounds and interact directly and routinely with their colleagues on our development teams. This role will direct the PowerClerk product management toward excellence of individual output and set a continued tone of marketplace leadership while identifying new areas for growth.
The lead product manager is also the primary external spokesperson for the product, communicating its roadmap and effectively demonstrating the product online and at conferences and events. This role also routinely interacts with customers and partners to ensure the rollout of new features is progressing smoothly while ensuring customers are feeling listened to regarding the roadmap. A whole product expert, the lead product manager partners with account executives as a technical expert to close critical deals as well as the business development team to identify future opportunities.
The strongest candidates for this position will possess real world experience with software-as-a-service (SaaS) pricing and licensing development, new business model conception and enterprise IT trends/sensitivities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the product family champion, defining product vision, strategy and roadmap, partnering with the PowerClerk Engineering Manager to deliver effective solutions
- Navigate ambiguous business scenarios and develop strategic and insightful market and business requirements, including developing new pricing and licensing structures to support adoption and application to new use cases
- Manage, motivate and nurture the PowerClerk product management team
- Conceive and deliver positioning and messaging through various content types, distill complex topics appropriately for our audiences
- Create content and collateral for product marketing and sales activities
- Support the most strategic sales and account management activities, including key contributions to competitive sales solicitations
- Work with engineering to develop functional project specifications, identify product feature enhancements, and implement changes
- Collaborate with electric utilities to develop a deep understanding of their needs, pain points, processes and procurement procedures
- Be a resource for complex customer engagements and drive deals to closure as a product family expert
- Develop and tune pricing, licensing and bundling approaches
- Work with Business Development to identify functionality gaps, find new market spaces and conceive and pilot new business models
- Expertly demo PowerClerk family products and foster a “demo culture” on the PowerClerk product management team
- Travel occasionally to meet with customers, present at shows and conferences and meet with press and analysts
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years as a product manager or program manager (with customer-facing experience) including success in management positions
- Software industry experience required, SaaS and B2B/enterprise software experience a plus
- MBA or equivalent experience
- Technical or scientific degree strongly preferred
- Energy, renewable, solar or clean tech passion required, experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Comfortable using spreadsheets to model pricing, adoption, etc.
- Superior organizational and project management skills
HOW TO APPLY
Click the link below to submit your resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.
This position is in our Kirkland, Wash., office near the intersection of SR520 and Lake Washington Blvd NE (greater Seattle area).
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.