Human Resources Manager
WHO ARE WE?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company and award-winning innovator that counts eight of the top 10 utilities in the U.S. and many of the largest solar companies as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
WHY WORK HERE?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Oracle and Pacific Gas & Electric
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING AS A HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Clean Power Research® (CPR) is seeking an experienced Human Resources (HR) Manager to take the lead in expanding our HR functions to meet the needs of our growing company. You will have an important impact on our growth by working with our executive team to establish the strategic direction for our HR Management Systems, Staffing, Employee Relations, Compensation and Human Resource Development. You will have primary responsibility for all HR activities for our team of 50 professionals.
The person in this role will also be sourcing and identifying top talent and working with our management team to improve tools and methods which promote and measure high-quality individual performance. As a technical recruiter, you will help us attract and engage high quality candidates for a variety of software engineering, sales, marketing and management positions and take responsibility for full lifecycle recruiting activities and work with our management team to improve employer branding and onboarding.
The HR Manager will also help ensure that our compensation is competitive and effectively attracting, motivating and retaining our talent. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical aptitude, be highly self-motivated and eager to build productive relationships both inside and outside of the organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support management team by providing HR direction and counsel
- Ensure that HR programs and initiatives are effective and aligned to overall business objectives
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations, performance and legal issues
- Identify training and development needs, make recommendations and implement training and development plans
- Work with management team to evaluate and improve all aspects of the company’s compensation and benefits programs
- Manage the annual renewal and ongoing administration of all employee benefits plans including; medical, dental, vision and disability
- Develop employer branding to attract and retain top talent
- Find creative new sources for excellent technical job candidates
- Manage full life cycle recruiting processes; prepare ads, review resumes, screen applicants, conduct interviews, administer applicant testing, draft offer letters, prepare employment agreements, etc.
- Coordinate searches with third-party recruiting agencies as needed
- Oversee our onboarding and offboarding processes and make improvements
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs
- Improve two-way internal company communications by finding new ways to communicate company core values and solicit employee feedback
- Lead company’s compliance with all existing government and legal requirements including EEO, ADA, FMLA and OSHA and other relevant laws
- Monitor new employment legislative initiatives and develop plans for timely compliance (the majority of our employees are in Washington State, with an additional office in California and remote employees in New York and Massachusetts)
- Create new policies and update existing ones to align with business objectives and relevant laws
- Administer performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within the organization
- Ensure that all HR activities are effective and efficient and identify and recommend automated systems when appropriate
WHO YOU ARE
- 5 – 7 years HR generalist experience
- 2+ years technical recruiting experience
- BA/BS or MA/MBA degree in HR Management, Business or related discipline
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficiency in MS office, including; Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn, understand and communicate technical information
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills with the ability to influence and persuade
- Experience exercising a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism and diplomacy
- Superior organizational skills, ability to multitask across many concurrent activities
- Passion for technology and/or cleantech
HOW TO APPLY
Click the link below to submit your resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.
Clean Power Research is located in Kirkland (Greater Seattle Area). Local, full-time, in-office candidates only, please.
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.Apply for this position