Director of Marketing
WHO ARE WE?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company and award-winning innovator that counts seven of the top 10 U.S. utilities and many of the largest solar companies as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
WHY WORK HERE?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies such as Microsoft, Amazon, Oracle and Pacific Gas & Electric
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
What you’ll be doing
Clean Power Research (CPR) seeks a highly motivated, self-driven Director of Marketing ready to lead a team that will take the CPR brand to the next level by building global recognition within the renewable energy software marketplace. This position is part of the executive leadership team at the company.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the appropriate balance of strategy and execution across corporate marketing, product/revenue marketing, field/partner marketing, events and marketing operations. These areas include digital marketing, account-based marketing, advertising, public relations, press/analyst relations, the company website, and other efforts required to develop a sales funnel for our direct and indirect sales channels. An ideal candidate will have the ability to generate content that tells the CPR story, highlighting crucial customer needs and how they align with the solutions that we build.
We are looking for an exceptional, creative leader with a data-driven mindset and who can think on their feet. This is a greenfield role that combines team management and individual contribution; it’s a position of great potential in our fast-paced, growing company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build and nurture a world-class marketing team that will scale and thrive as the business grows
- Learn the business and technical intricacies of the current product line
- Develop and implement the long-term and short-term strategic marketing efforts to meet both market share and sales goals
- Contribute to new product and service concepts, working closely with other executives, product managers and engineering
- Measure and track marketing ROI for events, campaigns and other activities
- Own the company brand and messaging
- Own the marketing communication strategy and execution
- Direct company-wide trademark efforts and domain name properties
- Represent and promote the company at conferences and tradeshows
- Understand changes to the target markets and adjust marketing plans accordingly
- Create and manage communications templates and processes for critical, outward service-related communications around availability, security and updates
Who you are
- Minimum of BA/BS degree, MBA or advanced degree in closely related field preferred
- 5-7 years software marketing experience including hosted/services experience; Software-as-a-service or cloud leadership experience a plus
- Ability to be hands on with digital marketing and CRM systems as well as business analysis tools like Excel and Power BI
- Superior organizational skills, ability to track and juggle many tasks
- Passion for solar energy or renewables essential; energy industry experience a plus
- International market entry and expansion strategy experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Comfortable presenting in front of internal and external groups
How to Apply
Click on the link below to submit a cover letter detailing your interest in the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements. Clean Power Research is located in Kirkland near the intersection of SR520 and Lake Wash. Blvd NE (Greater Seattle Area). Local, full-time, in-office candidates only, please.
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.