Customer Success Manager – Solar Expert
WHO ARE WE?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company and award-winning innovator that counts seven of the top 10 U.S. utilities and many of the largest solar companies as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems. At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
WHY WORK HERE?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies such as Microsoft, Amazon, Oracle and Pacific Gas & Electric
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING AS A CUSTOMER SUCCESS MANAGER
Clean Power Research seeks a detail-oriented, customer-focused Customer Success Manager to join the SolarAnywhere® team, and support the execution of our product vision and the needs of our rapidly growing customer base.
The Customer Success Manager will be responsible for onboarding new customers and providing customer service for the SolarAnywhere family of product offerings, including SolarAnywhere Data, FleetView® and SystemCheck®.
This position calls for a detail-oriented professional with excellent data analysis, listening and problem-solving skills; consistent follow-through; and a strong aptitude for acquiring technical knowledge of the science built into our software platforms. The person in this role must be able to distill technical information and share it succinctly and accurately with our customers.
The Customer Success Manager shares responsibility for sales renewal targets for the company’s SolarAnywhere family of subscription software services. This role requires the ability to effectively work with sales, marketing and engineering to exceed revenue and profitability goals.
This is a position of great opportunity for long-term growth as the company continues to build its software team and evolve its services in an increasingly complex, competitive and global marketplace. A highly motivated and self-driven individual will excel in this role.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guide customers through a great onboarding process with a concierge-like experience, where clients have confidence that their voice is always heard, and that the product will grow with their needs
- Communicate and manage deliverables and regular status check-ins throughout the customer configuration process, ensuring a timely and efficient process from contract signing through launch
- Support the development of product support materials (e.g., how-to videos and documentation) to streamline knowledge transfer to customers for pre- and post-sales activities
- Articulate the business and technical intricacies of the SolarAnywhere product line
- Become a subject matter expert with regards to SolarAnywhere historical and forecasting capabilities, and product configuration options
- Monitor and manage customer support activities for the SolarAnywhere product family, including fielding questions about API documentation, debugging API input and output XML and JSON data, and the internal workings of our software.
- Play a significant role in developing support materials and processes for our next generation of products
- Assist with DOE and state agency contracts and support the development of proposals for new contracts
- Oversee FleetView solar forecasting trials, and work with account executives and the software engineering team to ensure that noted deficiencies and needed updates are identified and communicated to appropriate managers
- Assure data quality and work toward continuous process improvement
WHO YOU ARE:
- BA/BS degree required; technical or science focus preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a professional environment
- Demonstrated high attention to detail, a high level of data input accuracy and strong organizational skills
- Patience, a sharp analytical mind, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills will be critical to success in this position
- Ability to understand and decipher meteorological and solar energy datasets
- Proficiency and comfort in Excel
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Superior organizational skills; ability to track and juggle many tasks
- Experience working with, analyzing, or maintaining complex datasets using software like Excel, Access, MySQL or similar
- Passion for cleantech, solar energy or renewables essential
- Passion for software and its potential for impact
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below to submit a cover letter detailing your interest in the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements. Clean Power Research is located in Kirkland near the intersection of SR520 and Lake Wash. Blvd NE (Greater Seattle Area). Local, full-time, in-office candidates only, please.
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.