WHO ARE WE?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you’ll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We’re a growing company that counts 10 of the top 10 Fortune 500 U.S. utilities and many of the largest U.S. renewable energy companies as our customers. We’re focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry’s hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
WHY WORK HERE?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Oracle and Pacific Gas & Electric
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING AS ASSITANT CONTROLLER
Clean Power Research® (CPR) is seeking an energetic, reliable, and trustworthy person to perform daily accounting functions and assist as directed in the responsibilities of the Controller. The person in this role will require a high degree of integrity and the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information regarding CPR and its personnel. While the Assistant Controller will report to, and primarily take direction from, the Controller, there will likely be instances where people outside of Accounting will ask this person to perform Administrative tasks thereby requiring the Assistant Controller to be flexible in accepting new work and adaptable to changing work priorities.
This full-time salaried position requires an Excel expert with the ability to use pivot tables, charts, and data analysis. The Controller will look to this person to provide innovative solutions to work-flow process improvements and spreadsheet tasks to make tasks more streamlined and efficient. This position will thoroughly cross-train in the Controller’s position to the extent internal controls are not compromised.
The Accounting function at CPR comprises two people, the Controller and the Assistant Controller. This position is located in downtown Napa, CA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare sales invoices
- Monitor the Accounts Receivable aging and make collection calls and emails to customers regarding past due invoices
- Monitor timesheet submission to the online tool the company uses to track time, act as administrator for that site, clear up errors in timesheets, download timesheet information to QuickBooks, and complete timesheet classification information in QuickBooks
- Monitor credit card activity, download credit card transactions to Excel and QuickBooks, reconcile credit card activity between QuickBooks and bank activity, and correct mis-posting or other classification errors
- Maintain the recurring payments of CPR, input bills and create payments in QuickBooks, and reconcile the bank statement to Cash activity
- Record cash receipts applying customer payments accurately in QuickBooks
- Maintain Paid Time Off spreadsheet for all employees
- Prepare and distribute the Weekly Sales Report and A/R aging with collection notes by Product Family
- Learn how to prepare various Dept. of Energy reports for submission to the D.O.E.
- Assist with preparation of periodic Profit & Loss reports by Product Family
- Participate in making online bank transactions
- Prepare ad-hoc reports from the QuickBooks General Ledger as required
- Assist with other tasks as assigned by the Controller
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years of Accounting experience with a thorough knowledge of accounting theory and practice
- Expert Excel skills including the use of pivot tables, data analysis, and charts
- Experience exercising a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism and diplomacy
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multitask across concurrent activities
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Passion for technology and/or the renewable energy industry
- While a BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration is not required, it is highly desirable
- Previous experience with QuickBooks is preferred
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to operate a computer the entire business day and sit for long periods of time
- Manual dexterity to skillfully operate a computer keyboard and other standard office equipment, such as a copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Ability to read, analyze, prepare and interpret financial documents
- Ability to speak effectively before team members, employees and groups
- Frequently required to climb stairs
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
HOW TO APPLY
Click the link below to submit your resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.
Clean Power Research is located in Napa, CA. Local, full-time, in-office candidates only, please.
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The company’s employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.Apply for this position