Reduce solar resource risk with trusted irradiance data
Developed in an exclusive partnership with Dr. Richard Perez and his lab at the University at Albany (SUNY), SolarAnywhere® Data is the most trusted time-series irradiance data source in the U.S., Mexico, Canada and the Caribbean. SolarAnywhere Data is used by the industry’s leading independent engineers, developers, government agencies and utilities for prospecting, resource assessment, and operations and maintenance (O&M). Advanced methods to correlate data with ground sources are also available.
SolarAnywhere Data is also used by the National Renewable Energy Lab (NREL) under contract with Clean Power Research to prepare the National Solar Radiation Database (NSRDB) gridded data set released in 2012.
- Select from multiple time-series data resolutions — SolarAnywhere Data offers 17-plus years of consistent, validated, time-series irradiance measurements available in resolutions as high as 1 km x 1 km spatial, 1-minute temporal. Measurements include Global Horizontal Irradiance (GHI), Direct Normal Irradiance (DNI) and Diffuse Horizontal Irradiance (DIF), along with other location-specific weather data.
- Access solar forecasts — SolarAnywhere Data generates forecast data utilizing methodologies developed exclusively for Clean Power Research by Dr. Perez and his team. The novel approach blends cloud-vector modeling and numerical weather prediction to provide the most accurate solar forecast on the market.
Available Data Resolutions Spatial Resolution Temporal Resolution Time-Ahead Forecast Standard Resolution 10 km x 10 km 1 hour Up to 7 days Enhanced Resolution 1 km x 1 km 30 minutes Up to 7 days High Resolution 1 km x 1 km 1 minute Up to 30 minutes
- Get the most up-to-date typical year data — SolarAnywhere typical GHI and DNI year (TGY and TDY) irradiance datasets are based on historical measurements from 1998 to as recent as the last complete month, offering assurance that the most up-to-date weather conditions are factored into calculations.
- Build PV system simulations quickly — Perform seamless energy modeling with SolarAnywhere Data utilizing SolarAnywhere simulation tools, or easily import datasets into popular PV energy simulation software, including PVsyst or System Advisor Model. A web service API is also available, allowing incorporation of SolarAnywhere Data directly into custom software applications.
- Evaluate free-of-charge — Select SolarAnywhere Data is available free-of-charge at www.solaranywhere.com. These include Standard Resolution data in the U.S. from 1998 through 2012, and SolarAnywhere Enhanced Resolution data in California from 2003 through 2014.